you need
  • map your location with the designation of rivers and a variety of industrial and agricultural facilities.
  • sterile container for the collection of samples.
  • Directory maximum permissible concentrations (MPC).
  • Contact state and independent environmental laboratories.
If you are determined and really want to move from words to deeds, becoming an ecologist rivers and water bodies, we should start with a careful study of the map of your area.Look at the industrial facilities - factories located along the river , some agricultural buildings - farms, collective farms have nearby.To verify your map, you may have to take a short walk and explore what industrial and agricultural facilities poured their waste water into the river.Make her
an alternative map drains, with the designation of enterprises engaged in such unseemly affair.
Take sterile jars for collecting samples and fill them with river water moving downstream.Be sure to mark on the bank where the sample was taken.Refer to the map.Do not forget to indicate the date and time of sample collection.Water samples should be taken in those places where your river flow into other river or streams.
Take your sample in the state environmental laboratory (as a rule, they are located on the sanitary and epidemiological stations).If the results seem dubious to you, and the concentrations of hazardous substances - is clearly undervalued, contact the independent environmental laboratory.All data received from the laboratory, you can check with the help of manual MPC - maximum permissible concentrations of harmful substances.If the concentrations obtained in the laboratory, exceed the value of the MPC, it is a chance to appeal to the municipal or district inspection of natural resources and environmental protection.