stroke symptoms in cats
stroke symptoms in cats usually appear suddenly.Animal abruptly loses his balance and looks absolutely helpless.This disease represents a serious violation of the blood supply to the brain, in which primarily affects the cranial nerves.Veterinarians define a stroke during the thorough inspection of hearing cats. To diagnose stroke cats do the same procedures as people.For example, the number of mandatory procedures include imaging and X-ray of the abdomen.
On the stroke indicated by the follo
wing changes in animal behavior:
- sudden loss of balance, as well as clear signs of malfunction of the vestibular apparatus;
- drowsiness, apathy, loss of interest in surroundings;
- shortness of breath or asthma attacks;
- tilts head resembling cramps;
- a cat can dramatically narrowed pupils, sink eyes and eyelids tremble (if one animal pupil expanded, and the second is narrowed, it must also be regarded as the first symptom of a stroke);
- paralysis of the nose, mouth, and violation of reflexes (paralyzed usually only one side of the body);
- temporary loss of consciousness or coma;
- loss of appetite or physical inability to perform swallowing and chewing reflexes;
- possible partial or complete loss of vision, the cat may encounter on the interior, if they are not on her way;
- in rare cases, the animals are frequent urination, which they can not control. The first symptom may be a stroke a cat walking in a circle with forward head bowed low.The animal thus can produce sounds resembling a groan.
stroke in cats can be idiopathic or hemorrhagic.In the first case, the diagnosis and identification of the causes of the disease are very difficult.As a rule, reveal abnormalities in the body that cause seizures, veterinarians can not.
Hemorrhagic stroke - a worsening of existing diseases.The reasons for it may be a brain tumor, coronary heart disease, disorders of the blood vessels, unstable blood pressure.
outwardly during such symptoms cat looks very scared, but in the eyes there is an obvious panic.Animal attempts to climb, but they tend to be unsuccessful. In some cases, the cause of stroke in cats can be a powerful poison poisons.
consequences of stroke in cats
stroke - one of the most dangerous diseases.Most often the cats manage to overcome the disease, but often fatal.It is important to monitor the health of your pet.In most cases, the cat a stroke occurs when there is a serious liver disease, kidney and digestive system as well.
accurate diagnosis is possible only after examining the results of numerous tests.The degree of risk and the process of treatment depends on the vastness of the affected area of the brain.